We have a unique 100% model. We cover our costs through private donors, so 100% of your money goes to the field.
1. Full-Time and Part-Time Teaching Positions at our rural school leadership programs in
Dharwad, Karnataka for Music, Football and Lego Building Blocks
About the Position
This is a recruitment call for full-time (or part-time) Music Teachers in our Rural Leadership
Program for the academic year 2018-19. Through our flagship programs in music, football and
Lego building blocks, we engage rural children in the process of learning important life-skills,
and teachers to develop their skills as educators and change-makers. Applications for
teachers close on 28th February 2018.
Complete the application form here.
Download more information about the positions here.
– Attend the Orientation Training and all other training and mentoring sessions
– Work on lesson planning
– Travel to villages near Dharwad to teach in classrooms twice a week
– Engage and interact with parents and school authorities and community members
– Assist with student performances, camps and events
– Those keen on working in a rural government primary schools
– Those with proficiency in Kannada (spoken & written)
– Relevant Music / Physical Education / Engineering or diploma graduates or final year
– At least 2 years training in music / football / sports with ability to demonstrate proficiency
What we offer
– The opportunity to build a career in leadership education
– The opportunity to earn while you learn
– Unique teacher training programs
– Personal development and on-the-job training corporate style but with a lot of fun!
– The opportunity to be a part of a dynamic, passionate and professional team of changemakers.
2. Fundraising Manager
You will be a key team member reporting to the Board of the Foundation. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing a fundraising strategy based on EL’s current and 3-5 year strategic objectives and scaling goals. The ideal candidate is passionate about our cause, and is self-managed, strategic, creative, and flexible. This is a remote home-office based function and requires International travel.
Main Job responsibilities:
Use creative and practical thinking to develop and implement fundraising activities including
Fundraising campaigns and events
Managing strategic partnerships with corporates, institutional donors and high worth individuals
Securing long-term financial and in-kind commitments
Reaching out to large numbers of individual donors
Maintaining and managing a donor database
Work closely with the Communications and Social Media Manager for various events, fundraising presentations, website enhancements, etc.
Work closely with the Program Manager to showcase EL’s impact
Engage with and advise EL partner organizations to structure and position themselves to become financially self-sustaining
Provide quarterly reports on fundraising activities and goals to the Board.
Qualifications and Experience:
Fluent in spoken and written English. Fluency in one or more Asian languages would be an advantage
Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
Strong team player, self-managed and proactive with a demonstrated sense of ownership
Experience of planning, budgeting and project management
Knowledge of fundraising best practices
Proficient in use of analytical tools and computer programs (word, excel, PowerPoint, database management, etc.)
Relevant education preferred
5+ years of experience with fundraising and sponsorship from corporate and institutional donors
Experience with Social Media and mass marketing to reach large numbers of individual donors
Time commitment: Full time
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible
Please contact us on: email@example.com by sending us a brief description of your background and motivation.
SPONSOR A CHILD
FOR A YEAR
US$ 10 monthly
Or US$ 120 one-time
ADOPT A GROUP
FOR A YEAR
US$ 200 monthly
Or US$ 2,400 one-time
ADOPT A SCHOOL
FOR A YEAR
US$ 800 monthly
Or US$ 9,600 one-time